Wednesday, February 8, 2012

World wind.

I have been living here for three weeks now. Weird. It feels like I have been here for months. Today we visited the catacombs of Rome. It was probably single handedly the most amazing sight I have ever seen. They are huge and go on for miles and miles, leaving my mind with 500 questions. Of course throughout the day my brain has been jostling with the confusion of how they were built. However, the more I thought about it.. I found myself getting frustrated with so many concepts, not even directly related. Life is really funny to me. The things people get so wrapped up in, confuse me, and I will never make sense of it. I do not understand those that choose to categorize themselves by religion. Yes, religion was an amazing concept. Was. It was legalized so that the government and the church were separated. We live in a time now, where they could not be more set apart. My question for anyone that intertwines their identity with their particular "church" or "religion".. is WHY? God saved prostitutes, adulteress', murderers, and those that did unthinkable crimes. Not once did he ask them, "What is your religious denomination?, because if you are ____, I can't save you." No. He said, "Now, Go in Faith." I don't know about you.. but my religion is Jesus. When He was here on earth, he did not give us a set of rules to attain to on Sunday mornings. Live outside your box of fears. Give yourself a break. Befriend someone that believes something you don't. Agree to disagree.


Matthew 22:36-40
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment