Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grosseto.

Interesting weekend. I went to Tuscany to escape the snow of Rome.. and it followed me there. However, I learned some very valuable lessons this weekend:

1. Things are never going to go according to plan. Ever.
2. Rome is my favorite city in Italy. The people are the best you will ever meet.
3. Ask questions. Nothing is ever given up front.

I sat in the most beautiful church I have ever seen, in complete serenity. I traveled like a true traveler would and made the most of every situation. I walked in what I like to call, 1/4 of a blizzard, to get to a shopping center. I met a man from South Africa in a pool that made me wear a swim cap. Carlo, we'll never forget you and your stories.

In a nutshell: I had the time of my life, doing the exact opposite of the plans I had made.




No comments:

Post a Comment