Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tomorrow.

I am used to traveling. Airplanes, packing, goodbyes.. these are all very familiar to me. As I think about leaving the country tomorrow morning, a foreign emotion posses my being. I am packing, not very well might I add, for three months. To live in a place where I do not speak the common language, to interact with those that have a completely different history than myself, to eat food that I have never seen, and to see places that I did not even know existed aside from google images. I hope that as I start this journey that I do so with an open heart to jump into things I will never get the chance to do again. I have made the decision that today is my last day of being "comfortable". I'm sitting on my cozy queen size bed, with my Starbucks in hand, texting my friends goodbyes. I am going to change my way of life for three months and give up my favorite "necessities". I am a strong believer in the fact that you grow the most when you are taken out of your comfort zone. When you are given the chance to adapt to something new, you feel life in a different emotion. One of my favorite quotes that is repeating through my head today is by St Augustine, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

2 comments:

  1. Ahne - I will miss you, but I am really excited about your new adventure. As a loving Dad... I feel I should say. Go and Explore... but be smart and safe. Have fun... but be wise. Soak it all in... but stay grounded in your foundation. I Love you and will be praying for you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Ahne! I love your blog already. You are a great writer...I suppose it's those 18 10-page papers you had last semester! I look forward to hearing about your journey. You're going to do so great and have an amazing experience. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete